My friend Catie has a FABULOUS scone recipe, but when it came to making these I just didn't know how to incorporate in the pumpkin...so I found a recipe on line, and tweaked it a little...and the result is AMAZING!!
So...here you go!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- (I used 1c whole wheat and 1cup all-purpose)
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 large egg
Mix together dry ingredients, cut in butter (I used my food processor) set aside
Whisk pumpkin, egg and half and half, then fold into dry ingredients.
Turn onto a lightly floured board...seperate dough in half. With each half shape into a circular mound :) and cut into 4 pie like pieces (this recipe made 8 scones)
Bake at 425 for 14 -16 min
Cool, and then make a glaze of 1c powdered sugar and 2 T milk (half and half)
These are not dry, very cake like....really delicious!