Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Green Smoothie {In My Kitchen}


I have been making a Green Smoothie almost everyday!
It is so yummy and a great way for me to get some extra greens.

Here is how I make mine:

1 fist full of kale
1/2 apple chopped
1/2 banana
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
a little water (if I have coconut water, I use that)
a little crushed ice

*I have also added a little coconut oil and sometimes flax oil*
I blend this up in my little Magic Bullet and voila!

I have also seen other recipes using spinach, cucumber and pear...so I think I might give some of those things a try too!

Let me know if you make this, or have another recipe for me to try!
Cheers!

9 comments:

  1. oh, yes!
    i have been making these, too!
    try adding an avocado ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you have jumped on the green smoothie bandwagon!
    So healthy, but tastes so good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That may be the prettiest drink ever! I may have to jump on this bandwagon.... Hmmm... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really? It looks gross to me!! Can we add something pink to it?? :)
    I make smoothies constantly...I guess I'll try it. I've been wanting a vita-mix but I'm NOT paying $500! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. try it, pam!
    i'm drinking one right now:
    avocado
    cucumber
    green apple
    kale
    lettuce
    banana
    & a little apple juice & water
    {and i have a crappy blender, no need for vita-mix, though i would love one}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes...Pam you will be surprised how good they are!
    Catie...I am going to try cucumber and avocado...I forgot both at the store :)...going to make one now...need the energy for Prom pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok...maybe I will. I LOVE cucumber and avocado and kale. I'll let you know. (I'm scared!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dawn, these have been my breakfast of choice for a year now. I love it! Try spinach, strawberries and banana....YUM! I use a variety of seasonal fruits and veggies. MMmmmmm mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to try this one soon. You, Catie and CC are convincing me.
    xoxo Gretchen

    ReplyDelete