Wednesday, March 9, 2011

40 bags in 40 days!

I have several friends preparing for their Lenten sacrifice.  I am not Catholic but value Lent and the idea of giving up/doing something out of my comfort zone in preparation for Easter.

So, for me this year, I am going to participate in the "40 Bags in 40 Days" challenge

It seems like I am always taking a bag here, a bag there to Goodwill, but do I really dig in and "sacrifice" things that I might like, but no longer use or need?? 

 I also plan to re-read Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, and doing the 12 week study to remind myself to find intimacy with God in the busyness of life. 

I am linking up with white house, black shutters, and plan to post my progress here every Friday as a way to keep me accountable :)  I will also post a pic of my list of what I plan to tackle!

Care to join me??



2 comments:

  1. dawn! i am also doing this - with inspiration from pam's blogfriend....sarah at clover lane. i got a jump start b/c we will be traveling for part of the time. i'm 4 bags in!! yay. i'll keep up with how you're doing and we can compare notes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great idea.

    Catching up on my blog reading today. Your last few posts are super...as always.

    Just lovin' Lucy! Check out my post today...Lucy will love it too :)

    ReplyDelete