Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Carmelized Brownies {In My Kitchen}


I made these brownies this weekend for my Husband's birthday.
It is a Paula Deen recipe I found online made with a simple box brownie mix and a quick caramel topping...they were so delicious!


Caramelized Brownies

preheat oven to 350 degrees

1 box brownie mix
4 T butter
1 c chopped pecans
1 c firmly packed light brown sugar

Prepare brownie mix according to package directions, pour into a greased 9x13 pan

In a saucepan melt butter and add pecans and brown sugar ( at this point the recipe told you to stir until the sugar dissolves, which mine never did...I was afraid it would burn so I just stirred it until the consistency was a little like warm caramel :)

Pour caramel mixture over brownie batter and bake 25-30 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

(I doubled this recipe for nice thick brownies, so my cooking time was longer...I just kept an eye on them, and the center was a little gooey when I took them out, but once cooled...they were DELICIOUS!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment